Carnage Wrestling Rules Jun 7, 2020 16:22:39 GMT -5 mystifyingoracle likes this
Post by Admin on Jun 7, 2020 16:22:39 GMT -5
Welcome to Carnage Wrestling!
If you are indeed checking the place out for the first time, we're glad to have you around. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have look. We sincerely hope that you like what you see. After checking the place out, if you feel like Carnage Wrestling would be a good fit for you, please feel free to sign up and be a part of the action!
Now perhaps CW isn't for you, and that's okay! We kindly refer to you to any one of our affiliates. (Please check out their federations by clicking on their button at the bottom of the page.) Our affiliates are all quality e-feds with their own unique flavor, but come highly recommended. There's literally a fed out there for everyone. So go for it! Tell them Carnage sent you!
A Little Bit About Us
We here at CW treat e-fedding, this game, like good friends having fun. We try our very best to uphold a standard of having as drama-free of an atmosphere that we can possibly have. We want this place to feel like your efedding home. That is our ultimate goal.
But if Carnage Wrestling is your place (or at least a place that you would like to try out for a while) you must be aware that there is a list of certain rules and guidelines that we ask everyone to follow. Trust me, it's not hard. It may seem like a lot of stuff to go through, but most of it is common sense. Treat people the way that you would like to be treated. Don't be a dick.
At the end of the day, the most important rule is that you are here to have fun... and to not impede or infringe on the fun that other members of CW are having in the process. The rules set below are designed to protect those two things. Those who sign up that cannot follow the rules will be removed. It's that simple. Our staff is polite and will talk things over with members in private before issuing a ban. (In most cases.) Yet we reserve the right, through repetitious, flagrant, or otherwise through showing a general disregard for other players, to remove any member from our roster for any period of time including a lifetime ban.
We want you, and everyone else here, to have fun and be creative telling the stories that make your character(s) who they are.
If you're here for any other reason, we kindly ask that you simply do not apply.
Be Respectful of Others - There is no tolerance for racist, sexist, or intolerant messages/images/allusions in the Out of Character environment! As far as In Character (Roleplaying) goes, If you think your character needs to be racist or intolerant in any way to be a "heel", this also will not be tolerated. There is a fine line between playing a "bad guy" and just taking things too far. Remember that it is part of Carnage Wrestling's cannon that our 'shows' are 'aired online' through our exclusive 'network'. If it wouldn't be appropriate to air on a television or even company network then the answer is no. If you have to ask a staff member if a comment/remark is appropriate then it's probably a no.
- It's best if we keep these sorts of things off of our forums and out of our game and, by proxy, our society. The result of breaking this rule is an immediate, permanent ban. No exceptions.
Drama Policy - Don't bring it here.
- We pride ourselves on being as 'drama-free' as possible. Even though we try very hard as a staff to keep that sort of thing from happening, it still does creep in from time to time. We try to be fair and give everyone who wants to join a fair-shake under good faith.
Please don't join - If you are the type to call other people out in public or argue over the shoutbox or in twitter. Part of this policy is that we ask that you keep other feds business where it belongs. CW forums, shoutbox, and discord server are strictly for the purpose of Carnage Wrestling business.
- This also applies to information leaking from our servers to outside the fed. If you're not here to play the game with us, or for the enjoyment of reading what your friends/colleagues post, you will be banned. If you are caught divulging members personal information to outside sources, it will result in a lifetime ban.
All Characters must be Original Characters! - No John Cena's or Stone Colds. You may use anyone you like as your Picture Base, as long as it is not already in use by another member of Carnage Wrestling, or In Character Staff. Movesets and catchphrases may be used, but direct copying a real life superstar and changing their name is not going to earn any extra points for creativity. Come up with your own character, and if you need help with anything, staff is more than willing to do so.
- By submitting your application, you are giving members of Carnage Wrestling staff expressed permission to write your character within the context of shows and other "In-Character" content. Not sure why I even have to type this out, but you'd be surprised.
Staff will always make the final decision on the wins and losses of each match. - If you do not agree with a match result, you must contact Staff privately on the matter for a discussion or an explanation. It is okay to be upset about losing, but not okay to make such a feeling a public affair. If you cannot handle the sting of losing, then you may be placed on hiatus or asked to find another federation to play in.
- Our staff goes through great lengths to eliminate as much bias as we can in the decisions of scored matches. Because of this, we will not tolerate any accusation or insinuation saying otherwise. If you think we're not being as fair as we possibly can be, please discuss it with a staff member in a private message. If we cannot resolve your feelings in the matter, we'll ask that you play in another federation.
"No-Showing" an event without explanation will have you removed from Carnage Wrestling. Taking time off is fine. Having something unexpected happening that will cause you from RPing for any show is fine - as long as at least one member of CW Staff knows in advance. Please tell us so that we may accommodate your needs. If you no-show, your character can and will be written off/used in a manner that we deem fit... and it usually doesn't look too good on your character.
Roleplaying and Judging Rules
Non-negotiable - These rules never change.
No Cheating of any kind - This includes roleplay "recycling" (using a roleplay that you've written in any past medium to count towards a match here.) This also includes plagiarism. If found to be plagiarizing in any way, that will result in an immediate ban.
- The exception of the recycling rule is the Character Development board. You may post links to, or copies of, your works from other federations and display them on that board with no penalty. It's actually encouraged.
- If your opponent posts before you and before the deadline: "Direct Replying" to your opponents RP will result in docked points in judging for your RP. Flagrant disregard for this rule will result in an immediate judgement of a loss for that match. We strongly suggest that you do not read your opponents RP in your match thread before posting your own. More on Direct Replying below.
You cannot use other people's characters without their expressed permission to do so. - Please double check with Staff if you are doing this.
You cannot use Staff or other NPC characters without Staff's expressed permission to do so. - You will have to message a staff member to ask permission.Be prepared for them to say no if your idea hurts/injures certain member, or doesn't fall in line with that character's style.
CW is a HYBRID Fed. - By that, we mean that we strongly encourage you to work with other members closely to come up with stories and "angles" that play out over time. We're flexible. Parts of these stories and angles may include matches to have a predetermined winner. This is also encouraged. However, MOST title matches will be contested under best RPs wins scenario. Staff will only accept angling a title match if it's really necessary or if the angle desperately calls for it.
"Direct Response/Reply" - Is waiting for your opponent(s) to post in your match thread so that you can read it and have your character reply to it directly. It's an unfair advantage that typically leads to everyone posting their rps as late they possibly can.
- We ask that you do not wait to read your opponents RP before your RP is posted. We cannot ever truly know if a person is breaking this rule or not, but as will be explained below in the guidelines, it's within your best interest not to do this.
- Feel free to comment on any prior material from your opponents RPs in shows past; or material given to you from the shows themselves. But we have veteran players as both staff and as match judges. We can typically tell. We understand the temptation, but the practice of intentionally waiting to read an opponents rp before writing/editing ones own is not going to help that person win in the long run. It's best to stick to the formula: research anything you want from your opponents rps from prior matches, prior segments, biographies, and the matches themselves. Doing your homework matters!
- Reading what your opponent has posted against your character for your match is not strictly forbidden, but it can make it extremely difficult not to reply to what is written. Do so at your own risk.
Negotiable - Staff can and may make exceptions for special circumstances, mostly when all participants agree on the alteration.
ONE Roleplay Limit per match - Unless otherwise specified in the Match Thread.
Tag Team matches are the exception here - Having a 2 RP limit (one per handler at the stated word limit) or 1 Collaborative RP limit where both handlers of a team work on a single post where the word limit is doubled.
- A single-handler controlling both characters of a tag team may choose to post two separate RPs at the single-competitor limit or post a single rp at double the limit. If a team has two handlers, they may each choose to post separate roleplays at the single limit or choose to collaborate. (Work together on a single post.)
Carnage Wrestling presents CHAOS
- Live show broadcast on the Carnage (Streaming) Network
- Posted on Monday/Tuesday Nights
- Roleplay Deadline Saturday Night at Midnight EST
- Segment/Match Deadline is Sunday Night at Midnight EST
- 1 RP limit (singles), 4000 WORD LIMIT
- Most matches will be written in RECAP Style, except for Championship matches, which will be written out in full.
Chaos is our main brand show. Almost any championship in Carnage can and will be defended on certain editions of Chaos. Segments are encouraged as these are the shows that we use to build to our "Pay Per View" events.
Carnage Wrestling presents HAVOC
A Bi-Weekly Companion Show to CHAOS
A Bi-Weekly Companion Show to CHAOS
- Considered Pre-taped (Think "Dark" matches, which air at a later date.)
- Posted on Sunday Nights
- Roleplay Deadline Friday Night at Midnight EST
- Segment/Match Deadline Saturday Night at Midnight EST
- 1 RP limit (singles), 1500 WORD LIMIT
- All matches will be written in RECAP Style (No more than 4 paragraphs, short and sweet.)
Havoc is our Segment/Story Driven development show. At this time, no championships will be defended on this show but #1 contenders could be.
- People looking to workshop a new character
- People looking for a leaner RP experience, less responsibility/obligation
- New folks learning the ropes
- People starting or fleshing out a new character
Word Limits - We use www.wordcountertools.com/ as our official word count checker. Roleplays that exceed the word limit will have points deducted or may be disqualified from judging. If you're close to the word count, please take the time to double check it on that website listed, as that is what we as Staff will use to make sure our numbers are the same.
Deadlines- The Final Deadline for our shows will always have an updated counter listed on our page. The counters are set to countdown to 11:59 PM (US Eastern Time, UTC -05:00) to save from confusion.
PPV Limits and Deadlines - Will remain the same as our bi-weekly main show, Chaos, as the PPV event will take the place of Chaos for that cycle.
A few notes about RP Judging
You will NOT win every match you have in Carnage Wrestling. Even the most talented among us will lose. If you cannot handle a loss in a civilized way, please do not apply. Match judges and staff work very hard to judge every match as equally and as fairly as humanly possible. Mistakes can and sometimes will be made. However, please keep an open mind and understand that one loss or a string of losses do not make, break, nor define your character. How your character handles the adversity that they face will.
- Competitive matches are won and lost by who the judge(s) think wrote the better roleplay(s) for that show. This is almost always the topic of the most heated debates we've had around here. We work hard to remove biases from how match judging is done by seeking out veteran judges who are impartial to the participants of the match. However, it will always be a system based off of one (or more) human beings trying to pick which piece of writing they liked/enjoyed more.
- Is it fair? Well, as much as we can make it be. Great writing is often judged to lose in the same way that great movies score low audience or critic ratings. It's because people don't agree that we attempt to seek out multiple opinions on tough calls. Try to focus more on the overall story that you wish to tell, and not the outcome of a single match.
- Have fun with this game. Take risks. But always do what is right and true to your character. Ask questions. Accept constructive feedback. Approach this game with a clear mind and a positive attitude and the wins will come.
- Ask for feedback and it shall be given. But taking feedback from a match judge is not a good reason to start a debate. Again, mistakes can be made and we're all going to disagree. But the very real people who read your work took time out of their day to comment on it. Whether you agree with the feedback you receive or not, we ask that you kindly thank them for their time and their insight, and move on.
Only Roleplays that conform to the rules listed on this page and are posted under their respective match thread (as a reply to the thread) will count towards grading for a match result! Conversely, Roleplays posted under the Character Development board will NOT count towards grading of any match. They can be whatever you want, and can be referred to in your graded work. But nothing adds to or takes away from your score other than the work posted in your match thread.
- Character Developments, however, do show the effort you are putting into your character and his/her story. This will pay off in many other ways. Trust me, our group reads and takes notice.
- The effort that you put into Carnage Wrestling as a whole, plus your Roleplays themselves, will reward you in many other ways than just winning on a weekly basis. How your character looks within the matches themselves, how your character gets booked, etc. Losing one match may be a set up for the next great run with your character.
- You may put in a lot of effort and still have to lose. We will do the best we can to make your character look good within that loss, and give you things to work off of. Like we say, we cannot have everyone win all of the time, but we like to match the effort we see with the effort we put into writing each match, and putting up each show.